So, it’s a farewell to 2015 and a chance to reflect and then (in a later post) to regroup and plan anew. Yes, this is an artificial point in time, but as good as any other. Unlike previous years I won’t go into swathes of detail, I will just summarise instead. I trust you will forgive me.
I set myself some detailed targets a year ago; these can be found in 2015 targets unveiled. My achievements include:
- Marylebone Magician finished and published (and has some decent reviews)
- I didn’t do NaNoWriMo (instead I wrote a short story I was commissioned to produce)
- I went to some events, including the Eastercon (and did plenty of useful networking)
- I continued to review (possibly too much, though I have made some good contacts).
Other, unplanned changes and milestones included:
- I am currently the Audio Drama Editor for Starburst
- I reviewed for some new blogs and stepped up on others
- I sold a couple of short stories to The New Accelerator
- I was commissioned for a couple of pieces I can’t discuss yet (but stay tuned, as it’s quite exciting!)
Some things didn’t happen:
- My MBTI guide is only 30% complete
- My first draft Jezero Station novel is only 80% complete and needs a full edit when done.
Although I will post separately, you can already spot some sensible targets for 2016. Even so I will consider what is achievable, and set some very specific stretch goals.
A final farewell to 2015
As I believe it should be, I had some successes, both planned and unplanned. I also fell short on some other ambitions, changed my targets and have plenty to consider when planning 2016. I’m more pleased than disappointed, so a good year overall. How was your year? Let me know!