Most importantly for me is that 2012 was the year in which I took the first step towards re-balancing my work / life and finding out what the possibilities are for freelance writing.
Beyond that I did some things that surprised me and learned some things that will stand me in good stead. I had some successes but could no doubt have done more with more application and focus. These too can be learned.
For the sake of making a list here are the things that most spring to mind:
- I am in a printed book with three more to follow
- I am a named writer for Starburst Magazine
- I have made some useful contacts and am starting to see a bigger picture
- I have had some rejections and identified areas where I need to change
- My writing has hopefully improved but there is a lot more to come.
If nothing else then from tomorrow I will be in my second year as a writer!
That’s my sense of the year – how did your year go?