Literature and Latte has updated both Scrivener and Scapple – the reason? Compatiability with the new version of Mac OS 10, aka Yosemite, which is about to be released by Apple. The new versions are 2.6 for Scrivener and 1.2 for Scapple. Depending on how you bought the products you can update from inside the software itself or wait for the App Store to catch up – the new versions in in the approval cycle; that can take days or a couple of weeks.
Not only have both products been tweaked for UI compatibility with Yosemite (not a major re-write) but some bug fixes and other changes have been included. Full details on the company website, highlights include:
- Some changes to preferences for rare Java issues
- Some changes to search results and URL importing
- Some odd crashes have been fixes
- A couple of dozen minor bugs scattered across the whole product including the editor and export functions
- Also includes a handful of fixes to various bugs in the interface, many cosmetic