Time to set my targets for 2016 (and here’s a post on writing-world.com all about Setting Effective Writing Goals). This year I am going to streamline things (based on the observation I don’t check my progress very often), and have a mix of simple to achieve, stretch targets, specific and general (eg behavioural) goals. The main reason to post them is so I can refer back during the year and amend based on reality.
I have tried this exercise for the past several years and it has helped me set out what I mean by success.
Specific targets for 2016
First the very tangible measures:
- Produce a collected short stories ebook and publish on Amazon
- Finish my MBTI book for writers I started in 2015
- Get Jezero Station back on track, at least the first draft and an edit of the first quarter
- Spend more time in the BBC Writers’ Room
- Write an audio script of at least 30 minutes duration, ideally 60
Some slightly less tangible measures:
- Get some more commissions
- Sell some more short stories
- Write some more short stories.
- Keep networking – at least two events this year
- Do less reviewing (it takes time)
- Streamline my blogging (it takes time)
- Don’t forget the rest of my life!
Do you have targets for 2016? Let me know if you want to compare notes!