I’m having a look at affordable options for script writing (and yes I do have Scrivener). As part of a scout round I came across Fade In, a newly developed product with a much better price than Final Draft ($49.94 vs. $249 without any discounts). My interest is radio rather than screen, and maybe even BBC format.
Fade In features I like
For the official list of features, the list is here. I like:
- It runs on Windows and Mac, I expect I would mainly use the Mac version. You can install both on one licence if you buy direct
- It has an iPad companion product
- It only does script writing and is created by film director Kent Tessman (you can form your own views of his credentials from his blog)
- The formatting looks comprehensive
- I like the navigation interface (see the screenshot at the top)
- Revisions, reports, dialogue tuner
- It uses an open file format (Open Screenplay Format).
I wondered if anyone here has used it, did they like it, and is it useful for radio? If there are better choices (at a similar price) what are they?
Let me know!